Babaeski, between Kırklareli: 24 km. Babaeski, Edirne: 65 km. Babaeski
Between Tekirdağ: 84 km.
Babaeski, between Istanbul: 192 km. Babaeski, between Luleburgaz: 24 km. Babaeski, Çorlu: 94 km. Babaeski, between Hayrabolu: 32 km.
All the territory of the district is in a plain. Agricultural manufacturing is intense and there may be some manufacturing trade. It is likely one of the largest districts of Thrace. It could be very near the Lüleburgaz district. District residents go to Lüleburgaz intensively for procuring, working and another jobs. Altitude is 70 meters. In the north of the district, there are extensions of Yıldız Mountains, whose peak doesn’t exceed 150 meters. These are the most important elevations of Babaeski. One last observe: There are navy barracks in Babaeski. The navy barracks, that are fairly massive within the district, represent a really crowded inhabitants of troopers, particularly as a result of troopers on the weekends. On the opposite hand, those that come right here to do navy service from totally different components of the nation have details about Babaeski and depart there.
Thracians settled within the district between 1200-4000 BC. At that point
The identify of the area is “Burtizo”. Later, the Greeks got here right here, "Bugaros", Slav
Bulgarians of origin named it “Bulgaraphygon”. This identify is “Bulgarian
defeat ”and is given right here in reminiscence of the struggle misplaced.
The district, particularly throughout the Roman and Byzantine intervals, inside and exterior disturbances
Lived. Between the seventh and 13th centuries, the area was the trachea of the Byzantine empire.
It was a bishopric middle within the district. In 812 AD, Bulgarian Tsar Krum,
he destroyed the area and destroyed it.
In the time of Emperor Constantin Monommakhos, an rebellion try within the area
It occurs. The rebellion try, led by Leon Tornikios, in 1074
Babaeski has reached Istanbul by passing by, Istanbul is surrounded, however
when the town was about to fall, it was rescued with the helpers on the final second and
rebellious insurgents retreated to Luleburgaz, followers escaped and left alone
Tornikios was caught within the church the place he took refuge in Babaeski and
his eyes had been blinded earlier than the partitions.
Following the transition of Turks to Thrace in 1263, 12 thousand
Turkmen was positioned.
Babaeski, invaded within the Ottoman-Russian struggle of 1828-1829, Corlu
Russian forces, advancing to their relations, take care of the Ottomans in 1829
They did. During the Balkan War in 1912, the area was occupied. 27
In July 1913 Babaeski was taken again from the Bulgarians.
Let's come to the supply of the identify Babaeski to the district: Evliya Çelebi
According to the journey assertion, “Sarı Saltuk Bay handed away close to Pravadi
When he was born, his physique was positioned in 7 coffins on his outdated will, every of them
While being taken to the aspect, the king of Edirne was the person of Saltuk as a result of this man is from us.
and brings it to Babaeski. Based on this, the identify "Babaeski" to the city
It is given. Another purpose for this identify given to “Babaeski” district alone
there are extra. The identify Babaeski comes from the “Baba Kavağı” tree within the area.
Made from poplar / beech wooden round Babaeski within the outdated Ottoman interval
bows and arrows are very well-known. In Saltukname, the poplar planted by Yellow Saltuk
the tree is simply too large for 10 folks to embrace. This known as "Baba poplar".
This tree referred to as Baba Kavağı, which is situated in Babaeski, is a beech tree.
Now let's come to the current: Today, the burial place of Sarı Saltuk, who gave the identify of the district, is unknown.
The pageant began in 1971 with the initiatives of Mayor Gündüz Onat; It is maintained with the participation of agricultural and academic establishments, associations, chambers, press organs, industrialists and tradesmen within the district. However, the talked about pageant began to be celebrated underneath the identify of "Watermelon Festival" after some time. It was renamed the "Agriculture Festival" within the following years. Within the framework of pageant actions: a cleansing marketing campaign is made to make the town look cleaner. Also: Agriculture exhibition is opened, producers and agricultural tools producers are introduced collectively. In addition, weddings and circumcisions are held.
PLACES TO VISIT:
FATHER SULTAN TOMB:
It is sort of a promenade on the street. Baba Sultan: He was conquering Edirne with Gazi Hüdavendigar.
CEDİD ALİ PAŞA MOSQUE:
It is often known as the “Great Mosque” by these residing within the district.
The mosque was inbuilt 1560 by his vizier Azam Semiz “Cedid Ali Pasha”. Its architect is "Mimar Sinan". The mosque is likely one of the mannequin mosques that Mimar Sinan applied earlier than constructing the Edirne Selimiye Mosque. It has a plan much like the Molla Celebi Mosque in Istanbul Findikli. The mosque's patron, Semiz Ali Pasha, is the Grand Vizier of the Suleiman the Magnificent. It known as "Semiz" as a result of it’s tall, very large and plump. He was initially from Herzegovina, he was dropped at Istanbul by being recruited from there, he was raised within the palace and later he grew to become a janissary lord after which Rumeli Beylerbeyi, he grew to become a vizier in 1549 and a vizier in 1561 and died in 1565. There is a major entrance door to the courtyard and a restore inscription on the proper aspect door. According to this, Sultan II. It was repaired by order of Mahmut. The mosque has a single dome. The outer partitions are fabricated from clean minimize stone, lead lined and single minaret. In entrance of it’s a fountain courtyard with partitions with out portico and a fountain with 12 corners within the center. The inside decorations of the mosque are from the restore in 1832. The single-honored minaret of the mosque was destroyed by the Bulgarians within the Balkan War in 1912 and was later rebuilt.
FATİH (OLD) MOSQUE:
Edirne-Istanbul street, within the path of going, subsequent to the Ayli fountain.
The mosque was inbuilt 1467 by Fatih Sultan Mehmet. The mosque has a skinny lengthy restore inscription and this inscription was faraway from the plaster within the final restore. On the black background, within the Arabic inscription the place two traces are written, it’s written that the mosque was inbuilt 1467 by the order of Fatih. Mosque: It has a sq. plan. It has a minaret within the northwest nook. The partitions of the mosque are fabricated from tough minimize stone and its roof is picket. Minaret: It is fabricated from clean minimize stone, has a single balcony and a pointed lead cone. The dimensions of the oblong mosque are about 17 x 11 meters.
QUAD FOUNTAIN-FOUR FACE FOUNTAIN:
It is reverse the bathhouse.
It is a 17th century construction. The inscription of the fountain was engraved within the Bulgarian invasion and made it unreadable. Fountain: It is a sq. fountain with 4 fronts and domes fabricated from stone. The southeast facade of the fountain is deaf and there are profiled arches on the stone floor. Other facades of the fountain are pointed arches. There are marble embroidered mirrors across the taps. The single dome prime cowl is lead coated. On the highest of the fountain is the marble kingdom. It remains to be energetic on one aspect and is much like the type of Edirne's traditional fountains.
It is reverse the Fatih mosque on the asphalt subsequent to the federal government constructing.
The inscription on the door; Greeks throughout Babaeski’s Greek invasion
erased by scrap, so the date of creating and making
It is unknown. However, in among the written sources, Cedit Ali Pasha
In the complicated, a shower is talked about. Bathhouse: as ladies and men,
It was constructed as a double bathtub. However, at the moment the ladies a part of the bathtub
it was destroyed, solely the lads remained. In the lads's part, the doorway
The dome has collapsed. Then the center window, the picket roof from the highest stage
lined with. The flooring with the basins are marble and authentic. In 1988,
has been restored. The door additionally has an authentic stone ornament. As a plan
traditional Ottoman baths are related. The bathtub remains to be energetic.
ATATÜRK PRIMARY SCHOOL-VOCATIONAL SCHOOL:
It is reverse the Community Center.
It is the outdated Atatürk Primary School. It was inbuilt 1914 and remains to be used as a High School. It is a faculty sort with one ground, picket roof, Turkish fringes and 4 lecture rooms. The college is used at the moment as Babaeski Health Center.
It is on the Babaeski stream within the east of the district.
The bridge was inbuilt 1633 by Sultan IV. It was constructed by Murat. Although structure just isn’t recognized for sure, it’s most likely Architect Kasım Ağa. Architect Kasım Ağa, Sultan IV. Murat was discovered throughout his years however handed away earlier than 1633, when the bridge was constructed. However, earlier than he died, he ready the plans of the bridge and the bridge was constructed by different architects in line with these plans. In the center of the bridge: it has a historic mansion and a balcony reverse it. Inscription: 5 traces are written on white marble.
On the proper and left sides of the guide, there are rosettes and decorations consisting of Tulips and Zeren. Bridge: It has 6 arches. There are two discharge eyes between the arch eyes. The bridge is 72 meters lengthy and 5.85 meters vast. Edirne asphalt street: As it passes by this bridge, the flooring of the bridge has been strengthened. One of the options of this bridge: Rumeli Bostancıbaşı's foreigners who will come from Rumeli and go to Istanbul: examine right here.
ALPULL SINANLI BRIDGE:
Bridge: It is on Alpullu-Hayrabolu street. It runs throughout the Alpullu railway station and the Sugar manufacturing facility. The goal of the bridge, that’s, its significance: It is to hyperlink Alpullu to Hayrabolu. The crossing of the vary street ranging from Tekirdağ to the Ergene river has been offered. It has no inscription. According to written sources, the bridge; It was constructed by Vizier Nazam Sokullu Mehmet Pasha to Mimar Sinan. Although its date of building is unsure, it’s most likely 1565. Architecturally: It is similar to the Sokullu Mehmet Pasha bridge in Luleburgaz. The size of the bridge is 123 meters. The arch shapes of the 5-eyed bridge are sharp. Each of the 4 pillars of the bridge, lightening eyes are opened inside. Belts are constructed straight on the inspiration. Due to the swamp and slippery of the Ergene river, the center arch of the bridge is bigger than the opposite arches.
ALPULLY SUGAR FACTORY:
It is within the city of Alpulla, subsequent to the Alpullu prepare station. Factory 1926
and began manufacturing in. Factory Great chief Mustafa Kemal
It based by Ataturk, Turkey's first sugar manufacturing facility. a manufacturing facility
collectively: safety of all social amenities by declaring city historic websites
It was taken underneath. Production remains to be carried out within the privatized manufacturing facility.